- Pressure Redistribution – The IC15 mattress features the ActiveX 84 material is the main comfort layer in this mattress. ActiveX is a high grade of elastic type foam which is responsive to temperature around inflamed areas. ActiveX will become softer as it becomes warmer. So around a pressure point it will always soften and allow the blood to circulate freely.
- Solid Support Foam Base – XP Support foam is a high-density foam that is used in the bottom layer of the IC15. XP Support foam is an open cell material that breaths to allow air circulation but is high density to prevent bottoming out. This material will easily contour to any profiling bed.
- Temperature Regulating Cover – The IC15 cover is made with the new Bluetec cooling fabric. This is all way stretch fabric to conform with body and mattress contour. It is under woven with a cooling yarn to regulate body temperature.
- Ventilated Base Fabric – Vant fabric is a three-dimensional polypropylene material that has high air permeability and is anti-bacterial. We use this on the side wall of the IC15 mattress covers to greatly increase air movement.
- No Springs – Icare mattresses don’t have any springs which makes them suitable for any profiling or static mattress platforms. We have found springs cause problems over time particularly on medical beds. And of course springs don’t have a good pressure care track record.